Developing and sustaining a safe and secure future for a family member with a
disability is deeply challenging. We have developed a series of educational seminars, designed
to assist families with children with developmental disabilities to plan for their future.
Who should attend?
Parents, Siblings, Persons with Disabilities, other interested family members,
friends and service providers.
Seminar topics include:
- Critical Questions which need to be addressed
before meeting with an attorney
- Description of a special needs trust and the
Kentucky pooled special needs trust
- Information about publicly funded resources
and their limitations
- Listing of attorneys with expertise in this area
and people who can assist with financial
Persons are required to attend an overview seminar before
signing up for a planning workshop.
The workshop includes:
- Guided process to start futures planning
- Family mentors to provide information and
- Team approach - can invite other family
members or friends to attend
- A copy of the book Safe and Secure and a
Resource Notebook for each team